Moderators: Chit, Officer

Syrawenn

Re: OOC comments on IC stories

#61 Post by Syrawenn » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:22 am

Ooooh nice, Devvy!

Syrawenn

#62 Post by Syrawenn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:48 am

Somewhere in the jungle a gnome roared in triumph...oh gosh I can TOTALLY imagine this....loved it, Stoen :)

Nomine
Site Admin

#63 Post by Nomine » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:46 pm

"Fire protection. It tasted horribly - it was really just a mix of fish oil and dragon guts "
Instant (and horrible) flashback to raiding molten core, and those sections needing special fire protection armour! :D Really love the story, it is a brilliant one.

Syrawenn

#64 Post by Syrawenn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Nomine, you sly bastard :)
I love your machinations and I love em even more now that I can read what happens behind the scenes :)

I salute you!

Syrawenn

#65 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 am

Noms, I remember that story! How glad I am at least some of us managed to save their stories before throwing them on the forum! It's all pieces of the characterpuzzles.
I regret loosing some.

Chit

#66 Post by Chit » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 pm

@Reike

I really love this story! I am so curious about what Reike has been getting up to, and it didn't help that Chit stood right next to her at the mission table on board ship in Boralus and was fooled by the illusion!

I love the sense of place and personality, with the moss tea, and Beid knowing Reike so well. And the way she sizes up the stranger so fast. Indeed she has been around the block a few times with SI-7. There are lots of small details, around the drinking of moss tea and the disguise and the character of the amateur sent to fetch the veteran, to how uncomfortable it is to be thrown over someone's shoulder...

I love it. More please, I've missed our Reike.

Chit

#67 Post by Chit » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 pm

@Eileena

I like the dual approach, not just the inner thinking. It's good to see what is actually going on, and imagine who and where. I like the feeling of both parties feeling each other out, and the final line about cards.

I particularly liked the bits about why Eileena left, and how she feels she might just be someone who attaches herself to a strong person.
Also the memory of Nomine's hand, and trying to use skills she's learned from him.

The one thing I wanted to find but didn't, is how it feels to be a blind woman on a ship. Becalmed or in a storm, a ship is in constant motion and ot must be a big part of Eileena's world. As a result, I'm not clear if the ship is new, or if she was always on a ship? I am guessing it is new - would have to read back to figure it out.

Chit

#68 Post by Chit » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:52 pm

@Annie

Poor Annie. What has Devvy started...and yet Devvy is so unconscious of how Annie feels to be kicked out and replaced...

Syrawenn

#69 Post by Syrawenn » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:54 am

Chit wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 pm
@Eileena

I like the dual approach, not just the inner thinking. It's good to see what is actually going on, and imagine who and where. I like the feeling of both parties feeling each other out, and the final line about cards.

I particularly liked the bits about why Eileena left, and how she feels she might just be someone who attaches herself to a strong person.
Also the memory of Nomine's hand, and trying to use skills she's learned from him.

The one thing I wanted to find but didn't, is how it feels to be a blind woman on a ship. Becalmed or in a storm, a ship is in constant motion and ot must be a big part of Eileena's world. As a result, I'm not clear if the ship is new, or if she was always on a ship? I am guessing it is new - would have to read back to figure it out.
Haven't gotten to that yet :) Writing my (our, thank you co-conspirator) way up in the timeline. There will be more indeed!

Tikál

#70 Post by Tikál » Mon May 06, 2019 3:23 pm

@syrawenn You totally should have been a P.I. ;)
If you only ever do what you can do, you will never be more than what you already are.