Into the Woods

Moderator: Seneschal

Irenya

Re: Into the Woods

#11 Post by Irenya » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:03 am

On Monday, Chit and I met in Stormwind. The tea she made was horrible, the conversation was great.

She was able to give me a straight answer. All her reasons were valid and good for her. But would some of them apply to me as well? I have to think.
I still wish to hear her story of how it can be that she considers someone like Morrigan a friend.

I still have many questions for Chit and I believe she will answer them with honesty.

She wore different colours and it suited her. I hope to see her in something less dark more often.

I forgot to ask her if she has ever read any love poetry.

Irenya

#12 Post by Irenya » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:39 am

It was meant to be just a simple task of securing a passage for a small number of soldiers with supplies.

It swiftly turned into chaos. We were clearly outnumbered by the horde. The formation was soon broken and everyone was scattered around.
Healing was not easy, so much screaming, so much blood, no time for rest and proper tending to the wounded. Even when trying to stay away from the fight, I was suddenly knocked back losing my consciousness for a brief moment. Luckily, I managed to collect myself and renew my focus within a few minutes. It wasn't until many hours later that I found out my skin was burnt too.

I am not sure what made them withdraw their forces but suddenly everything turned quiet. I looked towards the murky water and knew we lost one. Lady Ayzarella went over to confirm the inevitable.

Back at the camp the situation did not improve much. There were many severely injured and barely anyone who could treat them. They only had miss Etli who had some basic first aid knowledge.
The night was tiring, long and dark filled with the sounds of broken bones being put back in place and the smell of blood and burnt skin.

I needed to rest. I had barely any energy left and my back was in pain.
But I was summoned the following night as well. The ones I had mended the night before were lying there again, barely breathing, their bodies open and cut. One body did not show any signs of life at all. I could only hope his soul would find its peace. Nothing I could do.

Can I do this? For many more years? Trying to find the fragile balance between life and death? Letting souls go when their time comes? And yet just focus on my work with no second thoughts and feelings that would interfere?

There was no time to mourn. I heard cries for help from all directions and I knew I would answer them. As long as I have any energy left in me.

Irenya

#13 Post by Irenya » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 pm

Honoria. What an odd coincidence. The lady herself was very kind and her sorrow was tangible.

I hope we will be able to help her one way or another. It seems like Chit, Anomen and Earla did well in the pub as they obtained the log. I wonder how much Earla's charms influenced the outcome of the card game.

The following night, I almost ended up meeting Mr. Fleming on my own. He was certainly not what I would call a kind man and Tikal's introduction did not help us much at the beginning. I do not know when and how Chit disappeared but I found myself alone with Tikal.
In the end, we learnt some important information and realized there was a wrong name in the log. Tikal thinks that the chances of William being alive are low and I am afraid he may be right.

Conwal did a great job researching the maps. I hope I will find some time to meet with him soon so he can share his findings.

No, I did not find the courage that night even though the opportunity was perfect. Will I ever? How did my sister manage so well?
The love poetry book has remained unopened for now. Perhaps for the best.

Irenya

#14 Post by Irenya » Sun May 03, 2020 7:59 am

Where to start?
The night out was a pleasant distraction. Conwal deserved to become a member. I found out he was interested in alchemy and it would be great to have someone to talk about it again.

Later, when murlocs were discussed, I noticed a man standing by the entrance. It was one of them and I could not help and had to talk to him. I inquired about the others, everyone seems to be doing well. That was truly relieving information. He was also the first one to ask if I was hurt. He was so adamant about having myself checked by someone else. He said he would let me know about the funeral. I hope he does.

I decided to return the book to the library that night but was called to "their home" instead. Their home, so it must be serious? I was not at ease at all but someone was in need of my help. A void elf - do I get to meet them on regular basis now? This one, however, was awfully quiet and on the brink of life. I have not rested properly yet but I knew I would manage to tend to that woman and so I did. It was safer not to ask any questions about this. The less I know, the better.

Then I flew away and retrieved to Moonglade once again. One day I will have home again. For now, Moonglade it is.
It proved to be a great choice that night. Reike. Out of nowhere. I was overwhelmed by all different feelings and emotions. But joy was prevailing. We spent long talking about everything and I did not even mind the backpain. From now on, I shall start carrying coffee on me again.
I asked her about her opinion and she said to tell. To tell to make things clear. It was exactly what my sister would say. Alright, it seems everything is pointing to the same direction. Next time I shall speak.

It is time to find some dark clothes for the funeral. It is time to send a few letters now as well. The answers may make lots of things clear, or not. Interesting times.

Irenya

#15 Post by Irenya » Tue May 05, 2020 5:29 pm

The funeral was carefully planned and it took one short speech of a man driven by anger and sorrow to turn it into chaos. The Corporal did not keep vigil and left after the man. Others started to squirm nervously and the funeral was ended abruptly as shouting could be heard in the distance.
I stayed there with two others, threw my two peacebloom wreaths on the caskets and left the area. On the way to the Cathedral I saw the Corporal on the floor, wounded, already being tended to though. I would expect more of dignity of some of them. But then I barely know them.

There whas been quite a lot of information to take in lately. I do agree with Reike in some points and wonder what things really are. I shall speak to people soon.
Ironic how all things lead to him now. As if every single time I turn around and walk in a different direction, life directs me exactly where I came from. It is decided now though. I will speak to him as there is no other way and I will hopefully address everything that needs to be addressed.

I also learnt Syra's secret which was not meant to happen. I think it made her angry. I am happy for her but I will never mention it again. I know what it feels like keeping something away from others. I hope it is not that hard for her though.

Irenya

#16 Post by Irenya » Thu May 07, 2020 7:41 am

I had no idea what it would be like when I agreed.
Ten children, toddlers even. In one room. Each of them with their own needs and their idea of fun.
If I hadn't rested a bit the previous day, I wouldn't have managed for sure. My back was in pain but I kept picking them up and carrying them from place to place, comforting them, changing and feeding them and providing entertainment.
Even though I was thinking of rooting them to the ground at one point, it was still a pleasant evening. New life, new generation, new hope.
Will I ever have a child of my own?

Annie found me shortly after that and it was a relaxing evening after all. The garden she showed us was surprisingly serene for Stormwind.
We sat and talked and others joined us. I knew it was time for me to leave soon.
Rest some more, clear my mind.

Irenya

#17 Post by Irenya » Fri May 08, 2020 9:24 am

The social event was definitely an interesting one. Somehow I ended up in one group with Nomine. We barely find time to talk and I did have many questions. I did not manage to ask all but some were answered.
And I shall remember that milk and chocolate must stay separate around him.

Rey joined us for the second part and I am not sure we were of much help. One's priorities are always a sensitive topic and we did not really share hers. Perhaps we will talk again soon. We had our issues in the past but I put them aside long ago.

That night also made me realize that my original declination of his invitation was a poor choice.
I decided to ask for a meeting and it turned out to be a very pleasant evening.
His research is truly unusual and I hope he progresses with it as it could be very helpful for many.
After talking about his background a bit, I must say, I do admire the man for how he handled the challenges and cruelty that life prepared for him and yet remained better person than most of us.
I hope he has some time to write too as I am really curious about it.

An answer arrived in the mail today. I need to rest and prepare better for this.

Irenya

#18 Post by Irenya » Tue May 19, 2020 6:54 am

When I boarded the ship a week ago I had no idea what to expect. There were some familiar faces around and I appreciated the good spirit of Yoreke. I wonder how he became who he is but I am a bit worried that it may be a very sensitive topic to talk about.

The first day, we spent most of the time unpacking and preparing. I must say it was a pleasant surprise to find out that we were not short on medical supplies and there seemed to be more healers as well.

The other days, well, what can one really expect from battlefields and fights? You can only believe that they fight for the better future for their children, for us all, not caring how many wounds or scars their bodies will bear.

At least the nights were rather quiet. I was called for only twice. The rest of the evenings I spent with a book that presented me with strange characters and even stranger story. It was one of the most hilarious things I have ever read and when I got to the part when a snake was handcuffed, I managed to wake up a few people with my laughing.
I wrapped the book carefully in my sister's hankerchief that I always carried with me and put it under the pillow. Each day, this was something to return to and to rest my mind with.

I returned feeling relieved. No one died.

Irenya

#19 Post by Irenya » Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 am

Yesterday. The only good thing about yesterday was that I managed to get all the ingredients I wanted.

Once again, the rendorei would not even attempt to be polite. She said two things that hurt me more than anything she has ever said. How can she judge me without knowing a thing about me?

Or...am I blaming her just to face what may be true? Have I really learnt to hide emotions and push them back so well? Or have I truly become such a person? What for? Just to be perfect at what I do? Just to keep the balance?
I have to talk to her yet I have no clue how I would defend myself in front of someone like her.

Then the meeting where I was not even meant to be. For a good reason too. I knew I would not share the priorities of others. I have no clue what Nomine was thinking either when he made me in charge of certain decisions. If he thinks that it may work, I suppose I do not need to have any doubts. Yet, why would others trust me with their lives? Just like Eileena said, I have only just returned.
I will try to prepare the best I can for this.

So much to prepare for.

Irenya

#20 Post by Irenya » Fri May 22, 2020 6:03 pm

Miss Rosa let me into her house and I was finally able to do some cooking. She then took care of the rest which I was very grateful for as I was meeting Eileena later that evening.

Eileena looked truly happy when I gave her the good news. It was a pleasant conversation and a pleasant end of the evening. When Philias arrived, the joy was almost tangible. I was watching and I wanted to be Eileena. Just for a brief moment.

I will look after the children again next week. I really would like to introduce them to a certain creature and its stories. That will require a permission though which I hope to obtain soon. I wonder how he gets so clever with words when I just lost for them most of the time.

It is time to go back to miss Rosa now.