Bilius Keyworth - Introduction

Contact us here or in game. We don't bite!

Moderators: Chit, Officer

BillyKeys

Bilius Keyworth - Introduction

#1 Post by BillyKeys » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Name: Bilius Keyworth (Bilius in game)
Gender and Race: Human Male

Born to a reasonably well-off family on Boralus, Bilius grew up sheltered - far from any horrors of war or actual obligations. Having little interest in the martial or religious study of the compatriots of his youth, his interest instead lay in stories, music, poetry - and other such arts.

While others his age would train or study, with the goal of making an impact on the world someday - Bilius was content to simply bury himself in fiction and imagine himself as some great hero - or to travel to a nearby establishment and attempt to satiate his need for attention with a song or performance.

After a heated spat with his elder sister, whom felt a strong sense of duty to both the light and to her community, Bilius departed from his proverbial 'bubble' of a life, in order to venture into the territories of the Alliance, to collect and share stories and songs of great heroes past.

As a storyteller, Bilius felt the right to slip in occasional tale about his own exploits - all of which were works of utter fiction. But a fabricated tale told with conviction to an audience deep in their cups is hard to differentiate from any other tale; and as such he often found a rapt audience in local taverns as he traveled.

The imagination can only stretch so far without any valid experience to lend credibility to a tale, should a more seasoned ear listen in - and as such Bilius soon felt that to aid in his storytelling, the time had come for some hands on experience.

After all, he'd spent years telling people about how mighty of an adventurer he was - how hard could it be?

OOC

I've been RPing in DnD for just over a year with a fairly similar personality - as I thought it best to stick to what I know for a first RP character! He's essentially a very sheltered, fairly Naive young man with a tendency to bend the truth where his own experience is concerned. After reading and retelling stories for years has decided he wants to 'Try his hand at this adventuring thing', as it were.

I tend to play him fairly whimiscal, and I try and write Limericks as I go depending on what people are saying/doing around me. I've erred away from playing any one too 'powerfu;#, or anyone with too much of a developed backstory - as I personally find growing more of a blank canvas to be more satisfying. As such I'm MORE than happy to Play to Lose.

I usually play weekday evenings for a couple of hours (never on Tuesdays and infrequently on Fridays), and Ad-Hoc weekends when I don't have plans I can commit a larger chunk of time in the evenings.

Hope to hear back from you!

IC Letter (This doesn't fit in WoW Mail sadly, so the version to Nomine is watered down).

TO: The Leadership of Starlight

Greetings, my name is Bilius Keywoth - poet, songwriter, and soon to be daring adventurer! Perhaps you've heard of me?

No?

Regardless! I have heard mentions of your collective since my arrival in Stormwind, and I confess I find myself most intrigued by your reputation and motto both.

Strength in Exploration? I have traveled from Kul'Tiras to the Eastern Kingdoms purely to see more of the world, and what it has to offer.

Strength in Unity? I find myself without companions or a community in this unfamiliar city; and a collective with a focus on Unity would suit me wonderfully.

Strength in Starlight? I don't mean to brag, but I won my school's 'Best Smile' award for my glittering teeth! I've been told that it's 'Meaningless when you're homeschooled, Bilius' - but I still consider it to be a glowing endorsement.

I am currently staying at the Gilded Rose inn, in Stormwind's trade district - so please direct any responses there.

With best wishes,

Bilius Keyworth

Syrawenn

Re: Bilius Keyworth - Introduction

#2 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:29 pm

ooc
Hey Bilius, thanks for your wonderful application! We'll be in touch with you soon so you can meet one of the officers :)

Nomine
Site Admin

#3 Post by Nomine » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi,

Been completely swamped with work and deadlines - but life is looking up now!
When are you available in the coming week?

Syrawenn

#4 Post by Syrawenn » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:29 pm

Noms, I got an appointment for sunday dec 8th at 1900 agreed on which I can do, unless you can do sooner?

:)

BillyKeys

#5 Post by BillyKeys » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Yeah as Syrawenn said - I've penciled in Sunday at 19:00 server time - but I can also do Monday evening this week and potentially Thursday or Saturday but not 100% on those at this time - I can probs make Thurs or Sat work if those are better for you all, I just need to know in advance :)

Nomine
Site Admin

#6 Post by Nomine » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi,

Ironically Thursday is a no-go for me :D As I am working from 8-19 that day :) and on Saturday I got a Starlighter visiting :)

Syrawenn

#7 Post by Syrawenn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Well....if you happen to be around tonight (monday), I can do some creative time-keeping :P
Guild meet is from 20:00 to around 21:00 so either before (at the latest 1900) or after is still a possibility :) I AM very curious about your char!

BillyKeys

#8 Post by BillyKeys » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:36 pm

I could actually probably do today after your guild meet if that’s 21:00 server time, because that would you only be 20:00ish for me in London ✌🏻 I’ll drop you a message when I’m on and if you’re free then great! If not we can fall back on Sunday :)

Syrawenn

#9 Post by Syrawenn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:07 pm

Meet up worked out tonight, Bilias has been accepted in to Starlight on his own risk :P