Letter from Alaide to Nomine

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Alaide

Letter from Alaide to Nomine

#1 Post by Alaide » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Greetings to Nomine and the rest of Starlight,

I have now started the druidic training. I cannot share much, but everything is going well. Meanwhile, I recently learned the story of K'ara from the alternate Draenor timeline. It is a naaru, one of the powerful beings of pure light (or so it is said) that turned into a void creature during the dark times of the first draenei ship crashing on Draenor. Even more interesting, later this creature was turned into its old self of pure light through the sacrifice of Prophet Velen. I found this story in a Stormwind library, history section, titled "Revised History of Draenor". I wonder if this was possible because naaru always contains the light and the void forces, but sometimes the light coats the void, making it appear as a pure light being, and at other times the void coats the light, making it appear as a void creature.

This made me think about those cultists of light. What if they are truly driven by the void, but someone triggered their darkness to become coated with light? In this case, it must be unstable and it should be possible to trigger them into revealing their true selves. When they don't appear as the beings of light anymore, they could be much easier to deal with, and at least they'd have more trouble finding new recruits. This is only a guess, but possibly being confronted by a being of a pure light could put them into the opposition of this being, making it natural to reveal their core forces and energies.

I hope everyone is doing well, and best wishes to Starlight.

--Alaide

Nomine
Site Admin

Re: Letter from Alaide to Nomine

#2 Post by Nomine » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:58 pm

I trust this letter finds you well Alaide, thank you for yours.

From my understanding, granted this comes more from listening to "cultists" speak to one another, than it does from any formal learning; There is great power in sacrifice. More so than in a simple death, perhaps due to the rites and preparations that are done to harvest all the energy. If the sacrifice is given willingly, there is more power in it than if the life is taken.
Perhaps the Prophets sacrifice released enough energy, in lack of a better term and used it to force a change.

The best recruits for cultist have always been skilled in hiding in plain sight. Far more dangerous than the cloaked and chanting kind. Watched one take part of the Stormwind councils, so slippery smooth, with such a confident bearing that nobody even thought she could be something else than what she presented herself.
Then we got to be careful with anyone who uses the term "cultist" to point fingers at anyone different than themselves. Things that can pierce the veil and reveal truth would be powerful in so many ways.

As for Starlight, I have been away for a few days - so while I do not believe any of them are in mortal danger. I do not know what lurks under the surface. Will let you know in a later letter.

Best regards,
Nomine Bannon.