I did it! Oh my gosh, what did I do??
I'm crazy. Absolutely insane.

But I can't stop smiling.

At least now I don't have to regret.

✿ Lumi ✿ | ♠ Marras ♠ | Necrea |

Fadedkind

Re: Lumi's Musings

#23 Post by Fadedkind » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:37 pm

I finally got it. Why it got to me so much. Why I wanted to make that connection so badly.
Who he reminds me of.

Behonan.

He paid simply for being close to me. He had no part in it, no fault. Only that he knew me.
If only I could go back.
Wanting to make things right made me want to make that connection. But Be'noss is not Behonan.

...that box...
I will never forget the box.

Fadedkind

#24 Post by Fadedkind » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:57 pm

For a long time I've had a recurring theme in my dreams. Sometimes it plays the main role, sometimes it's featured in passing - Doors. Rather, closed doors. Doorways that are too small for me to fit through. Doors that no matter how much I struggle and fight, I cannot get to budge. And every time I know, the way you inexplicably do in dreams, that it's imperative for me to get through those doors. I just never do.

Last night, the script was flipped.

The dream had gone on as usual dreams do. Disjointed, nonsensical, aimless: unimportant, that is, until I encountered a door. I knew I had to go through it. Perhaps I was being chased by something - I don't remember. It's not meaningful.

In a usual scenario, the door would not have let up. I grasped the handle and pulled with force. The door swung open like it was greased; silently, smoothly, immediately.
All sound ceased. The lights dimmed. Any sense of urgency was gone. And I stood, frozen, in that open doorway.

Standing there on the precipice, I stared into the darkness beyond the door. A light (coming from behind me? From me? I'm not sure) was painting a rectangle of illumination on the floor ahead of me. My frame was casting a long, black shadow, and squarely in that shadow sat an object.

The box.

I woke with a start.

Fadedkind

#25 Post by Fadedkind » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Again.

The same hallway. The same door. Any other door in any other dream would remain shut, as if welded to the frame. But I knew this one would open. Like last time, I rushed to it and swung it open. Like last time, everything stopped.

There it was again. Sitting in my stark shadow, the box. I stood staring at it, unable to move.

And from the box came a voice.

LILY.