OOC comments on IC stories

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Chit

Re: OOC comments on IC stories

#91 Post by Chit » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 pm

@Syrawenn Chit is always brutal with herself...

@Liathene I love the way Lia and Chit were at daggers drawn over the stone about Chit 'wanting to be a druid' because they are both coming from completely different directions. It's so true of real human miscommunication... This is the beauty of the journals, letting each of us see the other character's thought processes. It allows you to build entire mountains out of molehills, and then demolish them when the right time occurs...

Syrawenn

#92 Post by Syrawenn » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:36 am

Goosebumps...Ana and Chit...goosebumps. Im sitting here on the edge of my seat, hoping this will end well.

Sehlanna

#93 Post by Sehlanna » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am

I love love love the collab between Ana and Chit! Wonderful idea and such lovely writing!

Syrawenn

#94 Post by Syrawenn » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Annie and Ana.... * gulp*

Liathene

#95 Post by Liathene » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 am

Beautiful stories of Ana, Chit and Annie!

@Chit Indeed, it's so interesting to see how different their perspectives are. Lia would have no clue how well Chit understands the disrespect that druids can be met with while in animal forms :D
I look forward to seeing how that develops.

Sehlanna

#96 Post by Sehlanna » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:50 am

Lia! :cry:
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Chit

#97 Post by Chit » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:39 pm

@Nomine

I'm a bit slow off the mark, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed your comments on Leadership in The Long Goodbye.

I liked the piece about how much Nomine has to do with the guild meeting, and how difficult it is to build everyone in that time, how easy to bring things crashing down with a hasty word.

I liked the ending on mirrors. It's an afterthought, and it fits perfectly.
"A funny thing about my home: there have not been any mirrors there for a long time, and I won't be putting one up. A blind woman doesn't need it, a tool doesn't need one, as, for me, I know every line of my face, and I don't need my reflection as a reminder of anything else."

I also loved the
"The child wanted to be a hero...None of them wanted to lead" section.
I love how it encapsulated Nomine's life, how what we want is rarely what we get, and how we don't understand leadership until it is too late. It's the autonomous individual's view of leadership, we do it because we need it to be done well and get frustrated with others failing, we don't do it for fun though we may get satisfaction from having done it.

As one who got to walk away, I salute you.

Sehlanna

#98 Post by Sehlanna » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:43 am

Great update on The Long Goodbye. Looking forward to read where things go and Nomine's thoughts about it.

Anadelonbrin

#99 Post by Anadelonbrin » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:52 am

First off... Chit, Tiks (Annie), Nomine and Stoen...

Thank you and please chase off all those invisible ninjas cutting onions! The pieces you all wrote for Ana's return didn't just tug at my heartstrings - they played them like a guitar. It really helped bring Ana back in a way that felt true to the shared history of all of them. Not to mention the RP potential for the future. I feel truly welcome back and I hope to see lots of RP growing out of this.

Tikál - Annies entry after meeting Ana... Ouch! Right in the feels! I can't wait to see where this is going.

Nomine - the last post in The Long Goodbye... In reacting to it, I lose the words and get colours instead. Gritty, faded dark colours, almost down to black and white with streaks of blood red. Like the scene in Schindler's List with the red dress. That probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but what I'm trying to say is that I really appreciate it. It's a powerful piece. Especially the last part of it.

Syrawenn

#100 Post by Syrawenn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:46 am

Nomine, the Long Goodbye. It's got more layers than a double whopper...and most layers are really scary! Gods, how the man developed from the guy who wanted to take over Starlight for uh..other reasons. The layers were there back then too, but they have definitely intensified, darkened.