Pathfinder training 2019

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Nomine
Site Admin

Pathfinder training 2019

#1 Post by Nomine » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Taking applications

Firstly, thank you to Chit for publishing the transcript from the first training.
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=1434

We are now taking applicants to the Pathfinder training and will continue to do so until the18th of November.
You can apply either through posting here or through speaking to an officer.

What is expected:
That you will take an active part of at least 2/3rds of the pathfinder training sessions. With an "active part," we mean to participate in IC and OOC exercises, offer input, and ask questions.

How many will be made pathfinders?

Honestly, we do not know, most likely not all - we do not expect that everybody will want to become one after the training either.

How long will it take?
The expectation is 3-4 training sessions, we will try to do most things IC, but some things are more effective to do OOCly, especially if it is a poor topic for discussion IC. We plan to make sessions around 1 hour long.

Can I join training without being an applicant?
The next training will be open for all, and then we will limit participation to only: existing pathfinders, officers, and applicants.

Do I need to be a full member to apply?
No, but in most cases, we expect that you will have become one before the end of the training.

Are my alts automatically pathfinders?

No, this is so a player can have "peace" when playing another character.

Will we change the rules/clarify the rules around new members, how to become a full member, what a pathfinder has to do, etc?
Yes, this is part of the training - to give input on how Starlight should welcome new people, as well as make us better. Part why we want both current pathfinders and officers to take part.

Applicants:

Varric
Jingtei
Anomen
Chit
Morrigan
Phillias
Liathene
Milwin