Starlight Hangout Night

Moderator: Seneschal

Jehan

Starlight Hangout Night

#1 Post by Jehan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Event: A social. A Story-telling night and games afterward.
Date and time: 8:00pm, Friday April 8th

Alright! This is going to be my Explorer’s event and first time making an event ever.

The event is meant to gather the Starlight members together, relax and do something fun. I want it to help other members bond, especially newer members or those who didn't have much chance to interact.

The event idea struck me to be something done monthly, but I unfortunately can't do that anytime soon. I noticed the weekly guild meetings usually handle business and important news, so i thought I would specialize time for more interactions and fun between the guild members to join. However I take breaks from the game often so I don't think I can do this regularly.

It will be in two parts:
The first one is the main part, which is mostly storytelling and socializing. Here, members get to share stories and even express their feelings or boast about something that they care about. They are encouraged to share stories, songs, jokes, quotes.. and maybe show-off something they found or made by themselves. I look forward to everyone's contribution with this one so it can be fun. Please remember to be polite to everyone, especially if you are boasting about something!

The second part is a little game that’s supposed to differ each month (If I get to do it again, and if people like the event.) This time it will be hide and seek. The chosen member closes their eyes and count, while the others hide. The rules may differ a little depending how many people come.

You can invite your friends to this if you love to.

Jasdevi

Re: Starlight Hangout Night

#2 Post by Jasdevi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:29 pm

It'll be great. Don't panic and don't worry if you get it all done in the one night! Events rarely go to plan :)

Chit

#3 Post by Chit » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:03 am

Really looking forward to this, Jehan! And in Starlight, the great thing is that everyone will contribute actively to socials and events. This is really why Explorers are asked to do something that brings Starlighters together - it's so that everyone who becomes a full Member has proved that they are willing to step up and shoulder the responsibility for making rp work - together, as a group. So you can be sure that all your SL friends will be coming ready to participate and enjoy themselves!

Jehan

#4 Post by Jehan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Thank you very much to everyone who attended this event! I was so very nervous at the beginning, but honestly, just seeing how polite and understanding everyone is it really made me do much better. I love this guild's community so much.

My idea of the event was a tiny-bit different than what it appeared to be, I kinda wasn't sure how to execute it I think. However this way of story-telling is the most organized way I can handle right now, which will help keep people focused on what's going on.

If there were things I would need to change next time I do something like this, is make the game (Hide and seek or whatever) start a earlier before midnight. I did not think so many people will come and didnt expect this many people will be telling stories to be honest; it's really amazing! However I sort of didnt want to interrupt anyone's wishes in telling a story, which I think just made time to be dragged on. Also I'm very happy people from outside the guild have joined us the night.

If you have any comments about it feel free to tell me about it! I may not make an event anytime soon but i would want to hear some feedback on it.

Jasdevi

#5 Post by Jasdevi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Things to remember about events. - It never goes to plan. Ever.

You did great Jehan what you might have wanted to do (for time sake) is ask people that if they are telling a story to have it ready for copy and paste. This keeps time down. That and setting a point of say...5 stories if you plan to have something else on during it. You really did fine though so don't worry :)

In my experience things don't go to plan. If you expect a lot few show. If you expect few a lot show. Basically anything you want to happen doesn't. It's really just learning to know how to turn that around if you need to. Always leave room for tweaking things and never set things in stone. I say this but i still make the same mistakes over and over again so really...do as i say and not as i do :P