Events and competitions both ic and ooc and good practice in staging events

Moderator: Seneschal

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#1 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Here's where you can leave your feedback for the snack sized adventure where Adrian, toy bear, was rescued!

My own views:
Pro's: The players and my secret assistants. Gods, you guys...I knew beforehand I was aiming at having you all 'lead' this. Vio did a really good job at getting the thing going. She listened to other characters and adapted plans accordingly. I enjoyed seeing that.
I laughed my head off at the horrible threats you all made to that POOR boy!
At the same time I was lucky enough to enjoy the banter between father Walter (Nomine, kudos!) and the other players. The big big advantage of having an npc assistant. I can recommend it, seriously.
I am glad I warned people beforehand of the 'theme' so appropriate people could come along. I saw...the most beautiful match for this little story. Also, drawing in people from outside Starlight? Brilliant. Not just Meriwether as familiar to Philias (and Ana, I think?), but also Philias and Annie drawing in RANDOM strangers on the bridge!

Timewise I was satisfied. Wanted it to end at 2200. We did, with a possible aftermath thanks to flexible players.

Glad you all agreed to no rolls. Made me a relaxed camper.

Also, I kinda like the idea of having a bite sized bit of fun and then leave an opening in case the more curious or stubborn people want to investigate a possible epilogue. No obligations. No rush. No mortal threats. Just...a possibility. Just in case.

Integration of Stormwind npc's: you involved the toy seller, had reason to attract the fishermen and then of course we used Carla at the house, where Noms was attentive enough to pick the same last name and I had picked William to play a part. This makes for world building, in my view. Beautiful to see you work with it.

Cons:
In the end I had to steer a little cause for ONCE that bleeping npc William did NOT run over the bridge after Donna...so I had to make that up after hopefully waiting for a bit. He never showed. Would Bliz have a timer on kid npc's or something? I've never gone without seeing William on that bridge! That's why I PICKED that bridge!
Anyway, sorry for the wait there, guys. That might have felt...useless. But you all picked up on it beautifully, including Annie going after the toy seller.

I was slower on the uptake. Brain melt and cut finger make for sloooow and sloppy typing gm. But you all indulged me. Thanks!
Wilsby: "She's the energy ya never knew ya needed."
Kien: "How come a warrior who thrives on rage never seems to get half as much in a fight as Syra does in an average conversation?"

Anadelonbrin
Seneschal

Re: Feedback: Adrian Astray

#2 Post by Anadelonbrin » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Honestly, I didn't feel like we were waiting around for GM input at the bridge. Annie took off, Ana followed to sniff around.

Nice and fun event which introduced Ana to a new character that I hope to meet again. Nope, didn't know him from before. :)

I really liked having Annie around for an event that was a very good setting for her to be along on. We do a lot of serious dangerous stuff which leaves out a child character, so it really warmed my heart to have her along for this. :heart:

I was hesitant to come as I've had a stubborn headache all day, but as I had signed up, I logged on anyway and I'm glad I did.

PS: It was REALLY hard not to teleport-sit on ALL the cushions. ALL OF THEM!

Philias

#3 Post by Philias » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:01 pm

I swear this event was an absolute blast.

Poor Philias all confused about the situation able to interact with strangers as per usual -lassoes all those randos in- having some fun with Annie (checking for hidden icecream haha) and other funny things!

Needless to say that it was absolutely beautifully managed as per usual.
Not only the organisational components of it, but also drawing on other peoples strengths, allowing brainstorming, initiative and little hilarious uses of goodies you found during the event.
Like that beautiful work that the fisherman used.
But also the fact that this event had AMAZING helpers in the background that were not even part of this, helping to aid the visual display of toys and such.

For a "snack-event" as you call it, this has clearly been one that stuck *perfectly* into the timeframe meant for, despite all.

I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever!
This was a beautiful little story, an amazing adventure and something that i will remember for a long time. ♥

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#4 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Philias, I felt drawn into a faerytale inside of this story :) The worm that was found was exchanged with the fisherman, the doll for the bear at the creepy place...it was so classic. Archetypical :) Well played from Annie and Philias!
Wilsby: "She's the energy ya never knew ya needed."
Kien: "How come a warrior who thrives on rage never seems to get half as much in a fight as Syra does in an average conversation?"

Nomine
Site Admin

#5 Post by Nomine » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:35 am

From the NPC side, was fun to see how many children's toys we could throw out and there is in a game filled with hardened warriors and thousand meter stares.

Also, all credit to the players for working with something that required a softer touch, using words and clever thinking rather than emotive combat rolls :) I think its very much needed, both to play well with others outside of Starlight in cross guild RP and to open up for more immersive RP with played NPCs.

Tikál
Seneschal

#6 Post by Tikál » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:56 pm

I felt it was a very entertaining event, well planned out and executed.

I loved having something less dangerouse but a perfect heroic adventure for Annie.

Well played to the helpers behind the scenes and the GM of course :D

Glad all the players enjoyed it too.
If you only ever do what you can do, you will never be more than what you already are.