Echoes of time - Event series. Feedback please!

Events and competitions both ic and ooc and good practice in staging events

Moderator: Seneschal

Nomine
Site Admin

Echoes of time - Event series. Feedback please!

#1 Post by Nomine » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:24 pm

I make a habit of making myself easy to find for clients, no matter if they come from the highest perch to the lowest perch in society. Sometimes the conversations start badly and get worse from there.

"Psssst, hey Nomine I heard that you and your people do a bit of strange work, the kinda timey wimey work."
I'll be honest. My first reaction was to reach for the blade, my only question at the time being: "do I slice upwards or do I cut downwards." Those are, at times, the sort of question that defines a man.
"This is a proper job, well-paid sort of job."
The client, a sort of long orange looking squirrel kinda creature familiar to the horde, held out a map in my general direction."
"I found this Nomine, a map with clues leading to something the bronze dragons lost. A way to see the future clearly, one time."
Some jobs are too dangerous to take. Some clients are too dangerous to let live, and this was the case here, any client aiming to play with time has outlived their allotted time.

The "map" turned out to be a patchwork affair, combination of an adventurers notes on clues;
Held in noble high esteem, once a mage's dream, now it holds performers enthralled, just as it once held the sand of time.

What is dead shall not eternally, bones ground into sand, bones turned onto a necromancers ink, knowledge imparted from the beyond.

What dwarfs hold, a dragon could take with ease, which we all know, hidden in the dark iron heart of the mountain. A master smiths most enduring work.

Three clues, three items that combined can answer one question about the future. Reckon the best thing would be to find the three items and use it - safer done by our hands than any others.

OOC
We all love big story arches with important stakes, where many of us are involved. What we perhaps do not love is how big events come with walls of text, struggles of knowing who is where keeping track of who has acted and who do you need to wait for.

With that in mind, we will run a series of events that are on a smaller scale but with important stakes and impact. Hoping this also helps build connections and develop relationships between characters.
We will be using dungeons and raids for these events - which will limit the numbers of characters in any individual event to 4/9 (minus any NPCs). Even if the raid itself could support more than this limit - there will not be more than nine players - minus NPCs on any of the three-event nights.
Focus will be on non-dice based RP, but if dice are needed we will use the "simple roll system" -> viewtopic.php?f=195&t=1387

Three story-based events - all tied into the main story, but self-contained. So when you complete one of them, you have taken contributed to the main story, which will be wrapped up in a fourth event.

Sign up on the date that suits you the best, without thinking about how many others have signed up - if one date is far more popular than others, I will adjust if we use a raid or a dungeon that night.
If a date, is good - but you would need it to run a little early than the standard 20:00 server time start, or a little later, please make a note of that in the sign-up.

As an example:
Nomine can: 13.06 (only after 21:00) - 17.06 - 21.06 (prefered, ideally start 19:30 as I must end at 21:00)
Nomine can: 13.06 - Can we please start 20:30 due to dinner/catnapping.

Please sign-up below for all dates that suit you :)
Priority will be given to making sure that people can join at least one event night. I will post here and in discord with group selection pr. event.

The 4th and shared event will come after 21.06. It will be and be open for all (even those who did not join the smaller events)
Writing contest will come!

Anomen
Pathfinder

Re: Echoes of time - Event series. Echoes

#2 Post by Anomen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:40 pm

Anomen can go 13.06/17.06/20.06 with no special requests or restrictions.
This message was sponsored and double-checked by Pagmir's Court of Critters. If you need to get something done right, contact someone else. But if you want it done horribly yet hilarious, Pagmir's Court of Critters is perfect for you!

Philias

#3 Post by Philias » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:42 pm

I can do all three ♥

Sykeopath

#4 Post by Sykeopath » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:06 pm

I can also do all three.

Irenya

#5 Post by Irenya » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:15 pm

Irenya can go 17.6. and 20.6.

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#6 Post by Syrawenn » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:26 pm

I am available 13 and 20 :)
Wilsby: "She's the energy ya never knew ya needed."
Kien: "How come a warrior who thrives on rage never seems to get half as much in a fight as Syra does in an average conversation?"

Chit
Seneschal

#7 Post by Chit » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:34 pm

I can do all three dates.

Wilsby

#8 Post by Wilsby » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:06 pm

I can do all three.

Anadelonbrin
Seneschal