Pol's Cook Off

Events and competitions both ic and ooc and good practice in staging events

Moderator: Seneschal

Pol

Pol's Cook Off

#1 Post by Pol » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:36 pm

Hello everyone. It has been a little while since I did one of my cook offs. Little may not be the best word.

I was going to do a third one but then demons started invading. Then!... Then there was the big sword, I took a few of you through those ruins over there and I think we all realised that was going to lead to a whole new issue. I was not expecting the war though, and that again was not much of a time to do a cooking competition. Then we had old god stuff. And now.. Well we had undeads and that stuff up north but I am not sure exactly what is going on at the moment and so I have taken time to just... relax.

It’s nice to just be at the farm with good food and drink or the wandering isle with family… and good food and drink. While relaxing, working on recipes and building up the farm I have decided to do my cooking competition again. It is a fun time for everyone and we make a lot of food. Some of it is super tasty. I have wanted to get out from Pandaria a little more, not just Dalaran or Stormwind, and going deep sea diving a bit ago had me thinking of Boralus. That place smells like the sea a lot… but it has all these connections to other markets and food sources. I would like to go there again and thought the cooking competition would be a great reason for others to go there too!

---
So!
The Cook Off.

The cook off is a competition to make some delicious desserts. You don't need to bring anything, unless you have a lucky spoon or pan or something like that you would prefer to use, but you will be provided with almost all the tools needed. No need to bring your own ingredients as a part of the cook off is to find the stuff you need at the local market. I will be giving everyone some coins to shop with so don't worry there. Everyone cooking should try and stick to the theme and must use the key ingredient I will reveal before everyone goes to the market. The best cook will win a little prize.

Everyone is welcome to come and you can also bring friends too. I will need a good amount of people to sign up to cook but I also need at least one other person to help me judge. I would like to have two other judges if we have a lot of cooks.
So yep. Just let me know if you would like to cook or judge. I hope to see a bunch of you there.

Information
Date: 20th - Next Thursday.
Location: Boralus Markets (The ones nearer the canals and docks. Near the pet shop!)

Oh also! There are not many rules but I would like to keep this as balanced as possible. So rules to follow are:
• No magic use.
• Try to make everything from scratch.
• Buy everything you need at the market. I'll give everyone spending money.
• Try and stick to the theme.
• You must use the key ingredient in some way.
• No fighting or messing with other peoples food.