Davinrad Hilon - Introduction

Contact us here or in game. We don't bite!

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Davinrad

Davinrad Hilon - Introduction

#1 Post by Davinrad » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 am

Name: Sir Davinrad Hilon
Gender and Race: Human Male
IC Introduction: So, Dav's got a bit of history with Starlight, but he's also got a new backstory, so I've decided to write it in. Most of the past twenty or so years, Davinrad has been quietly raising his two sons on a farm in Elwynn Forest, after migrating from Stromgarde after the Second War. During that time, he had quite a few 'get rich quick' schemes, and even got tempted by the influence of a cult more than once. However, about a year ago, his wife died. He left his farm to his eldest, and took up lance and shield once more.

He's quite a decent chap these days. In truth, all he's really good at is horses and warfare, so he tries to stick to it. Pride tends to be a private matter for him, and as such he doesn't mind having his face rubbed in his mistakes, and can be found chuckling at his less serious faults. For one, he can be clumsy outside of armour, as he's spent most of his life wearing either full plate, or very fitting leathers. He often baby-talks to animals of all kinds, from puppies to Clefthooves, and he gets genuinely discomfited by injuring beasts. Dav is to horses what the most obsessive sycophant is to royalty; he adores them, and will cross a busy square just to go give a particularly downcast mare a warm pat and a handful of oats.

In a fight, he tends to be brusque and forthright. Just get out of his damned way so he can handle it, is his basic modus operandi. He's a broad bulwark of a man, who can get acid in his face, scream for a few minutes, then get up and get back to it right after. He's fallen off cliffs, been trampled by ogres, impaled by troll spears, broken by orc axes, crushed by landslides, and has become utterly aware that killing him isn't so easy. He dislikes seeing other people at the fore, and so tends to try to shove his way forward. This can come across as arrogant and stubborn.

His temper can be a drawback, and is the reason he left his family. His wife always managed to get a handle on it, but Dav was essentially raised, dragged up, and shaped by violence; so he tends to resort to it with people. Constant watch is required to keep it on a firm leash, and he can come across as callous and even abusive. In truth, he becomes frustrated, and struggles to see why a clip about the head won't slap some sense into someone. A man's man, raised by men who fully expected to charge a line of troll headhunters one day, he can be an utter bastard. Yet, he will be the first one up there, taking on all comers, if one of his own goes down. Dav would shouldercharge a Gronn if he thought it would distract the bloody thing.

OOC Introduction: So Dav is just here to RP. I'm starting my new job on Monday, and I hope to attend events a few times a week. As some of you may know, I was an OOC friend of Mats for a few weeks, and seeing the article on the BBC reminded me how much I owed to good, honest folk. I would love to come back and make a home here. I really enjoyed the RP on Wednesday, and it felt...warm. I hadn't met anyone from Steamwheedle Cartel since coming to Argent Dawn, and there was something about that event, with Stoen, Syrawenn and Nomine. It felt like walking into an old pub you adored in your youth, and finding a few old faces there with a welcoming smile.

Syrawenn

Re: Davinrad Hilon - Introduction

#2 Post by Syrawenn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 am

ooc
Wow, this post made me smile :)
As I told you before I do have some very fond memories of Davinrad and Syra getting into a fistfight. It was a pleasure seeing you back in rp! He's still the great stubborn guy I remember which should make for some great interaction.

I am a bit 'worried' about your character being in another guild right now. Are you sure you want to make a switch? Not up to me, nor am I an officer, so you can safely ignore me :) Still, I like making people think before they make their choice.

Hope to be present when you make your appearance at the guild interview!

Davinrad

#3 Post by Davinrad » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:26 am

I have actually left that guild as of a few days ago, Syrawenn, mainly due to me falling inactive a couple of months ago when I was doing my interviews and then being asked to re-interview. I believe I left Wednesday afternoon.

Syrawenn

#4 Post by Syrawenn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:20 pm

We-ellllll now we're talking!

:)

Nomine
Site Admin

#5 Post by Nomine » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:53 pm

We are meeting in Stormwind, outside the Blue Recluse this Thursday 21.02 at 20:00 server time, after a few minutes we will move to a more quiet place. - you have been invited also in game (See Cal), plus I am happy to set up an separate interview.