Validhar

Contact us here or in game. We don't bite!

Moderator: Seneschal

Validhar

Validhar

#1 Post by Validhar » Mon May 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Name: Validhar Brightlance
Gender and race: Human male

Validhar was another son in a long line of soldiers. He fought proudly, but it was the life of the soldier, not so much the enemy or the cause that drove him. He eventually, like his father, found a sweet woman that won his heart. Validhar withdrew his earnings from his military career and, like his father, bought a tiny farmstead where he would grow the land. And soon, like his father, he had a son.

Life was joyful until a strange illness befell his wife. She succumbed to the illness far faster than a remedy could be found. Validhar raised his son alone, and did everything to give the boy as much joy as possible. Most of his time was spend either trying to put a smile on the face of his son, teaching him the values he had lived by and making sure the boy had every opportunity that life had to offer.

It did not take for the boy to become a man. And soon he wanted nothing more than to become a soldier. Like his father.

Validhar lost his son to the wars of the world. He could not keep the farmstead running alone and soon he had to depart. Too old to be considered for work as a farmhand and without any profession to speak of, he turned to the only trade he knew: War.
He fought valiantly, but without the brazen vigor of his youth. His age often sending him to tend the wounded or such work away from the front line. He did not mind and obeyed his orders loyally.

One day strange powers manifested around him on the battlefield and the paladins present saw fit to recruit him for training in their ranks. Now Validhar is trying to find his place in this new life, where the loss of his family drove him from the life he wanted and into the ever hungry maw of war once again.

Offgame:
Validhar is a sort of mellow character. While he is friendly and easy-going, he moves with a certain quiet sadness, almost melancholy, that he mostly keeps to himself.
That's what I'm hoping to portray, either way.

A bit about myself, I've roleplayed a ton in different mediums and did WoW roleplay a lot around 10 years ago. I was recently lured back into wow (Miëlle is to blame) and was told this was a really great guild.

To be perfectly honest, I do not know how long I will stick around wow and I don't know how much I'll get back into roleplay. I understand if this is too casual or not dedicated enough for the guild, but I thought I'd put in an application either way :)

Syrawenn
Seneschal

Re: Validhar

#2 Post by Syrawenn » Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Hey there long-timer :)
Let's set up a meet then with some Starlighters so you can get a feel for this group! Which days/times would be good for you?

Validhar

#3 Post by Validhar » Mon May 18, 2020 8:44 pm

I could do tomorrow (tuesday) evening

Otherwise friday and possibly sunday is available.

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#4 Post by Syrawenn » Tue May 19, 2020 7:28 am

I can make it tonight (tuesday). 21:00? Up to you whether your pc is looking for Starlight or if you want a random meet. You can find Syrawenn at the bridge between trade and old town in Stormwind 🙂

Validhar

#5 Post by Validhar » Tue May 19, 2020 6:31 pm

I figured I never replied here, I'll be ready at 21:00

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#6 Post by Syrawenn » Tue May 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Okidoki :)