Introduction - Aldus Kendall (joined)

Contact us here or in game. We don't bite!

Moderator: Seneschal

Aldus

Introduction - Aldus Kendall (joined)

#1 Post by Aldus » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:44 pm

Name: Aldus Kendall, but also Barrin
Gender & race: Male Worgen

Aldus grew up in the countryside of Gilneas. He lived with his family, wandering the woods near the village their house was in. One day, he walked all the way to the coast where he met a boy who would become his friend and brother to this day; Anomen. At the end of their brief meeting, Anomen told Aldus to visit the city one day. And that he did.

After having been close friends with Anomen for a while, the Northgate Rebellion started. It was during the Rebellion his parents died in the violence that had erupted all around Gilneas. Aldus himself was cast to the streets, having to beg and steal to survive. Quite soon though, he turned to Anomen and his family for the occasional meal, or a night in a safe haven. He was grateful for that, even if they couldn't take him in permanently.

During the Cataclysm, Aldus fought with what little he had to protect Anomen and another friend he found from his family, Marisa, during their evacuation from Gilneas. During the evacuation, he got knocked out by an ambushing Worgen. He still doesn't know how long he had been out, but he remembers waking up on a Night Elven ship, as a Worgen. Even though he regained control over his mind, something seemed to change; he became irritated more easily, which led to him seeming distant even to his friends. To some degree, he is still struggling with this.

Aldus arrived at Teldrassil but soon realised he wouldn't feel home there. He decided to travel to Stormwind with Anomen. For a while, he did stay there, but couldn't really feel at home. To his regret, particular circumstances demanded him to quickly get elsewhere. He still came back sometimes, but didn't think the city was welcoming enough for him, and disappeared again. He wandered for a while before coming back, again, to a city that had forgotten him because of a war against the Horde.

Shortly after a "warm" reunion with Anomen, who clearly loved seeing him come back after disappearing without a word, he caught wind of a pair of seemingly magical blades. And so, his rather shortlived career as a treasure hunter began. Some time after the venture to find these blades, and being without a real place to stay, Anomen offered to take him in as a member of House Barrin.

Now, he's mostly wandering the streets of Stormwind or inside his room in the house he shares with the rest of House Barrin, looking for his calling or practising his very few skills as an alchemist, respectively.

OOC:
Hey there.
I'm a person.
In particular, the one behind Aldus. Some people also call me Thaldrov, or Thal for short. I've gotten to know some people in Starlight through RP with Anomen, whom I usually call Sol. I've also done mythic dungeons with some of your people. Now, thanks to Anomen's recommendation, I'm looking to join the guild. The most reliable way to get in contact with me if you so wish would possibly be through Anomen. And the times I'm most often online are in the evening, after 4pm server time, until 9pm server time, and basically all day during weekends, with the exception of Fridays and Saturdays, when I have a guild raid at around 8pm.

Annnd more important-ish information... Time zone is UTC+2, meaning I am one hour ahead of the server time. And the character I RP on is called Thaldrow.

Why am I posting this even though the recruitment is currently closed? I was told by Anomen, who was told by Syrawenn, to tell me to post this already.

Syrawenn
Seneschal

Re: Introduction - Aldus Kendall

#2 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Hello person :)
Yeah, we'll open up again soon, so it's good you posted this already! We'll make an appointment to meet somewhere soon. Thanks for the application!

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#3 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Hey Aldus, recruitment is open!
When would you be able to meet us this week?
I'm pretty flexible the coming few days :)

Aldus

#4 Post by Aldus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:18 pm

This week... I think the best days for me would be either tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday, after 5pm server time. And have to go sleep at probably around 10pm server time to not be a zombie the next morning at school.

Would any of those times be okay?

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#5 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:36 pm

Tomorrow 18:00 server time?

Aldus

#6 Post by Aldus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Yes, that should be okay if there isn't any surprises.

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#7 Post by Syrawenn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:32 pm

* throws a surprise party*

Yeah, I know :) This is the plan, but reality may interfere. We shall see!

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#8 Post by Syrawenn » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:04 pm

Invited into Starlight :)