Introduction: Alaide

Contact us here or in game. We don't bite!

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Alaide

Introduction: Alaide

#1 Post by Alaide » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Character description
Name: Alaide Riverfog
Race: night elf

Early years
Alaide was born to an Elune priestess and was raised by the mother and several other priestesses that lived in Lor'danel. Alaide's father is a druid who agreed, before the conception, that the child will live with the mother. In childhood, Alaide was always treated with kindness and was encouraged to select the area of studies based on own talents and preferences.

Character development
In teenage years, Alaide grew discontent with the Sisterhood of Elune, and the kaldorei society in general, for the reluctance to abandon traditions when it seemed rational. For example, Alaide swore to not have a facial tattoo until it becomes available to males. Alaide traveled to Stormwind and Ironforge in hopes to find a better, more progressive society, only to learn that other nations have their own problems and are also far from Alaide's ideals. Learning about human and dwarven societies caused Alaide to appreciate kaldorei culture more than previously. Alaide now often travels to Darkshore and does volunteer jobs to help dealing with the consequences of the wars.

Relevant views
Alaide does not consider the trade of a healer to be tied to religion, but rather sees it as the art of manipulating the two basic cosmic forces, light and shadow. Alaide resents the idea of gods and never prays. Alaide also supports responsible use of magic and practices enchanting. Finally, Alaide wishes for Alliance and Horde to forge long-lasting peace but does not know how to tackle this problem.

Character traits
Dreamy: Alaide is often involved in own thoughts so deeply that external events might go unnoticed. (This does not go well with the healer job, which saddens Alaide.)
Open-minded: Alaide looks at the world with curiosity and is friendly towards strangers, albeit not very outgoing.
Loves pets: Alaide loves pets and often brings one along. Sometimes Alaide stares at pets on the street and feels a bit ashamed of it.
In addition, Alaide easily gets inspired (or dismayed) and appreciates the art of words.

IC letter
Greetings to the Starlight community.

From your old recruitment poster and from what I have heard in the city, it seems to me that you are the community of common people of Stormwind. As the one who possesses no extraordinary abilities and just tries to make sense of this world, I got interested in your recruitment. My studies frequently bring me to Stormwind lately, and I would be glad to meet you. If you are not against this idea, please inform me on the place and time of the tentative meeting. In case you would need more information, I am willing to provide it.

May the beauty of the world be close to your eyes and souls.

--Alaide Riverfog

OOC info
Many years ago, I've been playing Ragnarok Online (mostly as a priest) and did some casual role-play there, although I didn't think of it as of role-play at that time. I started playing WoW only 2-3 weeks ago, on an RP-PvP server. However, that server seemed desolate so I moved to Argent Dawn and have been enjoying it so far. Alaide is lvl 36 and is slowly progressing through Darkshore quest-line, intending to complete it. While preferring the role of a discipline healer, Alaide can focus on doing shadow damage when necessary.

I have not done /e RP in past (and no long-term RP either), but RP interests me strongly. I have read about RP in WoW and observed what's happening around on the server. After searching for an RP guild for a few days, I found the www.glaive-star.com project, which says that Starlight is about "role-play of ordinary people in an extraordinary world". This sounds exactly like what I was looking for, and thus I read about your community and decided to try joining.

In the next few weeks/months, I have much more free time than usually. However, even once I'm back to the regular schedule, I will have free time in the evenings and on the weekends.

(post edits were for grammar)
Last edited by Alaide on Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Syrawenn

Re: Introduction: Alaide

#2 Post by Syrawenn » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Hey there, thank you for your story!
It's great to know the 'poster' still has impact on roleplayers who are looking to develop their characters. I'm sure one of the officers will pick up on this and make an appointment for a meet relatively soon. Most of us have just returned from a meet up in Salisbury, so it might be a few days before you hear anything.
Do not despair!

:)

Syra

Alaide

#3 Post by Alaide » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Waiting is not a problem for me. :)

Nomine
Site Admin

#4 Post by Nomine » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:01 pm

-waves-

Would love to meet you for some RP/Interview. What we usually do is to meet in character, have a bit of shared RP with questions and answers, giving you a chance to meet a couple of us and get a feel for us :)
As well as a chance to ask any questions, both in character and out of character wise.

I will be off to Spain for this weekend, and got some work commitments that makes my online times a bit challenging this week. But, Tuesday I can meet you nearly any time after 17, on Wednesday after 21:20, Thursday after 20:00 (All times in server times), if any of that works for you?

Usually we let other members know about the IC meeting, and those who can joins. We tend to "fudge" a little bit around how we managed to get into contact and agreed on the meeting place, just for simplicity`s sake. So would love to meet near the Stormwind harbor, since it is less crowded.

Noticed you mention your regular schedule, Starlight is an "Real life comes first" guild, we want to see people in roleplay, telling stories, and more, when and where they can, rather than putting demands on players :)

Alaide

#5 Post by Alaide » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday all work well for me between 21:00 and 01:00. I thus suggest Tuesday 22:00, but please select a different time if it would be better, e.g., for other participants.

My main question would be what is the Starlight purpose IC. I've seen the OOC purposes and they make sense. Might be the IC purpose is also somewhere on the forum but I didn't manage to find it yet? I'm looking for some sort of IC explanation of why the guild exists.

I've seen your "RL comes first" policy and this was a big plus for me since I wouldn't put much above succeeding at work. However, I usually find time for games too, because having fun makes a person more productive in long-term. I mentioned the "regular schedule" since I don't want to create a false impression of an extremely active player. Also, now that I mentioned it, the rapid reduction in playtime in a few weeks will not look like I suddenly got bored with RP. :)

Alaide

#6 Post by Alaide » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:51 pm

My one OOC question is which addons I need to participate in RP life of the guild fully. I'm asking now so that I could get those before the meeting. I currently use totalRP3 + totalRP3-Extended, but I haven't learned about how to use the TRP3-Extended yet, just installed it.

Syrawenn

#7 Post by Syrawenn » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Many people use totalrp 3, so that should work out :) Other than that you are the best add on because in the end it's how you play your character that will make the difference :)

Nomine
Site Admin

#8 Post by Nomine » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:38 am

We are pretty addon relaxed or is that additionally relaxed? (pardon the bad pun) - Most of us use totalRP3, then it is really a matter of personal taste.

IC reason for why Starlight exist "We band together for mutual protection and company" - so it is a little more vague than many other guilds. Giving us a little flexibility as well. The motto is "Strenght in Exploration, Strenght in Unity, Strenght in Starlight"

22:00 at Stormwind harbor tonight (Tuseday) works well for me :) - Sent an PM as well.

Fadedkind

#9 Post by Fadedkind » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 am

*gasps* Another one who used to love Ragnarok Online! <3 Welcome!
✿ Lumi ✿ / ♠ Marras ♠

Alaide

#10 Post by Alaide » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Thanks! It does hurt a bit that one can't even affect own stats in WoW the way it is in RO.

Here's a couple of pictures from 2006-2009. ^_^