Introduction: Rabbit, A.K.A, Venshei

Contact us here or in game. We don't bite!

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Psyonicg

Introduction: Rabbit, A.K.A, Venshei

#1 Post by Psyonicg » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:01 pm

Name: Rabbit / Venshei
Gender and race: Female, Draenei

Rabbit, formally known as Venshei, is a Draenei Paladin with a long and complicated background. Before her change of name, she was a Draenei Paladin who fought under the name of the Alliance and sought out dark magic practitioners, demons and all other manners of "evil". This all changed on an excursion to root out a cult in the Duskwoods. While the details of the night are fuzzy, the end result was Rabbit and her companions being slain... or captured. Rabbit herself, an accomplished fighter and strategist, was twisted and broken with shadow magic and enslaved by the group to be used as cannon fodder - It was during this time that her name was changed; fitting for her memories and her connection to the Light had been severed.

Her time in the cult is poorly documented and Rabbit isn't keen to share exactly what she did under her servitude, but, there are a few things that can be garnered from her actions. Her relationship with the cult changed in some way. She became close to the leaders of the organisation, a powerful member of the Cult in her own right, using her previous tactical knowledge to lead them to victory after victory against their enemies. It was not uncommon to see her at the head of each attack, her body moving with supernatural speed as the dark magic the cult used were channeled through her body. Such was her success that eventually, they garnered enough attention for a dedicated force to be sent after them. The results were easily predicted. The cult was slain and Rabbit fled the battle with the dying body of the Cult's leader in her arms.

It was months until she was seen again, stumbling from the ruins of a tower known to house members of the Hidden Path; burned, bruised and nursing not only a bullet wound but a broken leg as well. The Light must have shone on her at that moment for she was found by a member of the Order of the Sage and brought to their Academy to be cared for by the medics and healers there. One healer, Raengwent Moonshadow, made a personal effort to find out what had occurred to Rabbit and over the course of months not only healed her body but managed to make headways into the lingering corruption within her mind. What she found there was not only had Rabbit's mind had been permanently altered, the magical compulsions the cult had placed upon her were buried deep within her psyche. Getting rid of them would be impossible without wiping her mind again and such a procedure was far too risky. Despite all that had been done, progress was made and Rabbit slowly began to regain an idea of what she had been like before, the faint magic of the light coming back to her. When she still went by the name of Venshei.

After weeks of care, Rabbit once again set off but now with a different goal in mind; she wished to learn more about the magic that had been used on her. How Fel and Shadow magic worked and how the Light factored into it; after all surely she should be unable to use the Light if what the Paladins and Priests said was true? Now that she was corrupted the Light would not respond to her... but it did. After visiting a number of different experts she met a group that called themselves the Wayward Ones. Led by a Demon Hunter named Darkhen, they were a group of outcasts who found themselves hated or feared for what they were and Rabbit happily joined them for a few months. During this time she learned how her Fel magic worked and had the demonic within her bound by the leader of the group, allowing her to not only control its power for her own (to a limited extent) but also giving her a way to protect herself from the corruption it could cause.

Unfortunately, the dark compulsions that the Cult had placed upon her were still buried deep within her mind and began showing themselves in strange ways as Rabbit continued to interact with the members of the Wayward Ones until one day, in a daze of magic, Rabbit found herself in a heated argument with the leader of the group. Suffice to say, she was promptly asked to leave and, once again, found herself setting out into the world of Azeroth in search of a home.

Rabbit's most recent chapter in her History took place on the continent of Pandaria under the banner of the Fallen Leaf; a group of mercenaries and adventures working together to protect the war-torn land. Under their command, she learned how to better utilise her Light and Fel magic together in the heat of combat, and met a Draenei Mage called Adova. Adova, an expert in shadow and mental magic, was asked by the Leader of the Order to ensure that Rabbit's strange compulsions would have no negative effects on the Order and, together, they discovered many things about the magic in place as well as discovering that an echo of sorts, bearing the faint imprint of the Cult's leader, was still lingering within Rabbit's Mind.

What the Echo told her, is something that Rabbit keeps to herself; but it led her away from the order and back into the world of Azeroth; a strange tome firmly clenched in her hands and determined steel in her gaze. Many moons have passed since Rabbit set off into the world and she has learnt much, however she has also missed much. The defeat of the Legion happened while she was deep in the Stranglethorn Vales and the beginning of the war happened while she was wading through the Icy peaks of Northrend... Rabbit will need to adjust to the changes on Azeroth, and to do that: she needs help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: At the behest of a new friend, I have decided to reconsider coming back into WoW and that means the return of Rabbit! Now if you waded through that wall of historic text you're probably thinking "That's pretty intense stuff, how long did you spend thinking that one up?". The answer? No time at all! Because it all happened IC and over the course of several years. Venshei was my original plan and that plan was basically thrown out upon my first real RP event when I fought the cultists; making way for probably the most interestingly developed character I've ever played.

Why am I saying all this? Because I want to ensure you that this character has a hefty amount of thought and time put into her, she's got history, weaknesses, enemies, old friends, memories and yes, powerful abilities. She can come across as awfully snowflakey at first glance (A paladin demon hunter twisted by shadow magic who's wearing enchanted armour and uses warlock magic!?) but I promise every ability and/or aspect of her comes with its own downsides and reasoning.

As to her exact skillset. She's a fighter, excellent at unarmed combat + sword and shield. She's agile and acrobatic, using her Light magic to bless herself and her Demonic magic to infuse herself to jump higher, run faster and summon magical weapons. She's unlikely to throw around big fancy magic, hammers of wrath, felfire, etc, she's all about making herself better at close combat. She knows a lot about many kinds of magic (her current goal in life being to study and explore all types of magic) but is unable to really use any of them.

There's a lot of extra history I haven't included (3 pages to be exact) which go into more detail about each section of her history, and I'm really hoping I can continue her storyline with you guys!

Psyonicg

Re: Introduction: Rabbit, A.K.A, Venshei

#2 Post by Psyonicg » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:34 pm

I recently came to the understanding that my introduction came across very heavily as combat orientated and I wanted to clarify a few things OOC.

- While Rabbit certainly has a long history of combat and violence, and she is willing to fight when needed, she is not looking to step back into the thick of it, a place where she can simply exist and live in peace is her current goal.
- My descriptions have focused maybe a little to much on what she is and not on who she is and that may have made her seem a little... over the top. Her powers are unique but not overly powerful and she does not throw them around. It is likely that she will go many months without even hinting at her corrupt nature or using any of the powers that come from it and when she does it is likely to be due to high stress or desperation.
- Rabbit is a student, she wants to learn and help people understand. If she were to join Starlight she would likely focus on trying to help people understand how magic works, how different magics interact, the benefits and downsides of those magics untainted by bias and has a unique personality that would make for dynamic and interesting interactions and tales to learn.

Up until this point, I've been communicating mainly through a friend I met and would love to talk to some of the guild members directly instead. Hope this clears up a few things!

Syrawenn

#3 Post by Syrawenn » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Hey there :)
Currently many of us are battling the seasonal flu, so it's been a bit quiet. I am sure an officer will contact you soon to meet 'in person'.
Thanks for your elaborate descriptions. Personally I enjoy reading up on a character rather than have a list of keywords, so please don't worry too much about why or how you wrote what you wrote! It's your character, it's your story.
We like stories :)

Psyonicg

#4 Post by Psyonicg » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Thank you! I haven't been contacted yet but I'm super excited to talk to someone, I find it hard to convey information over text in large paragraphs like this so I'm really keen to maybe polish up my intro with someone in person!