Expectations of an Officer in the Starlight community

Who are we? What are our goals and purpose? Find out here!

Moderator: Seneschal

Nomine
Site Admin

Expectations of an Officer in the Starlight community

#1 Post by Nomine » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:36 pm

We, the Officers of Starlight hold ourselves to these standards

Holding the community - Our key role as an Officer is to make members feel that Starlight is a safe community, both in and out of character. There will be occasions where we have to set our own personal or in-character reactions to one side, so that we can defuse a situation. We will also always ensure that while a storyline can be negative, the players should always feel personally valued and secure within Starlight. To create a safe community, Officers always need to ask themselves “Does this situation need me to be an Officer or a player, to resolve this situation well?”

United - As Officers we should actively share knowledge, experiences and information, so that we are all acting from a common basis of knowledge. As Officers we need to be frank and upfront in arguing our views among ourselves (eg in Officer chat), but once a decision has been made we will all publicly support this as a member of the management team. We will always build our fellow Officers and never undermine their authority or decisions by public dissent. We seek support within the Officer group rather than take annoyances outside and involving guild members.

Role-modelling the values of Starlight RP - for example, one of the core beliefs of Starlight is that we seek roleplayers who are committed to character development and to grow their characters. Our characters should model this behaviour.

Participating - when online on the Officer character, s/he should always be approachable IC and OOC. This does not mean that an Officer should always be in character, in a public place, but rather that s/he can be reached.
It is expected that an Officer regularly takes part in the role-play within Starlight on the character s/he is an Officer with. Officers will also spend time on the ooc work needed for the guild to thrive - for example, in offline discussions on recruitment strategy, disciplinary action, setting direction and making choices. Every Officer needs to express their view and vote when needed.

Seeing the best in people – as Officers we must never lose sight of each person’s great qualities. We give recognition and appreciation generously, and raise issues in a respectful way that is easy for the guild member to take.

Willing to hear criticism and learn - we make it easy for people to express any criticism and summarise to show we’ve heard what they have to say – and take this away to reflect on. As leaders we will work hard to adapt our communication, approach and attitude - both IC and OOC to promote positive growth for players.

Know when not to act – trust those within Starlight. This is often the hardest skill to learn; it’s important for Officers to have a light touch and to understand how to time our actions, what we do publically and privately, and where we trust the guild to work out good solutions.

Nomine
Site Admin

Re: Expectations to an officer in the Starlight community

#2 Post by Nomine » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm

I Kai S/Nomine, sign and commit to this.

Chit
Seneschal

Re: Expectations to an officer in the Starlight community

#3 Post by Chit » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:42 am

I Anne/Chit commit and sign this.

Tikál
Seneschal

Re: Expectations of an Officer in the Starlight community

#4 Post by Tikál » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:25 pm

I Mike / Tiks commit and sign this.
If you only ever do what you can do, you will never be more than what you already are.

Syrawenn
Seneschal

#5 Post by Syrawenn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 pm

I, Sanneke/Syra, commit and sign this.
Wilsby: "She's the energy ya never knew ya needed."
Kien: "How come a warrior who thrives on rage never seems to get half as much in a fight as Syra does in an average conversation?"

Anadelonbrin
Seneschal

#6 Post by Anadelonbrin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:20 am

I, Marie/Anadelonbrin, commit and sign this.