Information about the funeral, for all

Moderator: Seneschal

Nomine
Site Admin

Information about the funeral, for all

#1 Post by Nomine » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:02 pm

A few things to say first. When I say "We" I mean the larger community, it is not meant to be only Starlight as a guild, as Starlight are not alone to have cared for Mats and formed bonds with with him

About the funeral
The funeral will be held in Oslo, Norway the 28.11, at 14:30, at the Vestre gravlund kapell, the doors opens at 14:00 - But the ceremony starts at 14:30
The Chapel itself is very central in Oslo, easy to get there with public transportation. (Right next to the Vigelands Park and Colosseum Cinema)

During the funeral I will say a few words on behalf of Starlight and others. Please keep posting memories or PM them to me, as it will really help me.
I think I will speak in both Norwegian and English considering the people there, and the elegy (is that the right word) will be reposted here.
We have given the family a Starlight tabard to use as they think best.

After the ceremony we have been given the honour that one of us will be a pallbearer. I am very touch that we are invited to help his friends and family to carry him to his final resting place.

We have also been invited to join the family in Ski, (A bit away from Oslo) for their gathering at 17:00 (Still 28.11). The father hope some of us can be there, not least also to help bring it to life how Mats mattered, how bonds form in online communities like ours. (I am unable to join for the gathering in Ski myself)

I would like to show my respect and honour Mats/Ibelin/Jerome´s memory, but I can´t come to Norway:

I have given this a lot of thought, there is the online aspect, where we will remember him IC. (More info to come) Then there is these threads that we know the family reads. All this matters a lot, his father told me that as well when I meet him today.

I would like to ask/suggest one more thing:
On Friday, at 14:30 or close to it. Please light a candle for Ibelin, and remember him. (If you are at a place where you can not light a candle, please take a moment to remember a fallen friend)
In that way, we can be together in spirit.

Practical information:

If you are traveling to Norway for the funeral, please let me know. I also have some more room for guests.
If you are facing challenges, let me know. We got some resources to draw on and might be able to help, also when it comes to practical details or travel tips.

I will let the family know how many of us are coming, also to the family gathering in Ski. You can also contact the father directly at: Robert@schibsted.no

We are buying flowers for the ceremony, donations can be given to: kai.fredriksen@talentandpotential.com - thank you to those who have already donated!

Syrawenn
Seneschal

Re: Information about the funeral, for all

#2 Post by Syrawenn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks for being the intermediary here, Noms. Unfortunately I have no way of making it to Oslo on friday. I will pitch in for the flowers through your paypal once I figure out how it works.
Friday is a schoolday for me, yet I am sure the kids will understand when I light a candle at that time.
So yes, it will happen.

Etaine

#3 Post by Etaine » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Is it possible to get a bank information as i dont have paypal :/

Nomine
Site Admin

#4 Post by Nomine » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Sent to you Elaine via PM :)

Etaine

#5 Post by Etaine » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 am

I am looking into The possibility of going but my funds are very small cause os student salery and a family of four so Plain is out of the question but looking into ferry posibilities atm.
Are anyone else joining besides nomine?

Karina

#6 Post by Karina » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:04 am

Nomine posted:
I would like to ask/suggest one more thing:
On Friday, at 14:30 or close to it. Please light a candle for Ibelin, and remember him. (If you are at a place where you can not light a candle, please take a moment to remember a fallen friend) In that way, we can be together in spirit.
Just a reminder that anyone not in the CET (Norway) time zone will need to alter the time according to where they live. Since I live in the UK, I'll be lighting my candle for Mats at 1:30pm Friday (GMT).

I thought I'd share this gentle reminder about time zones, since it only now occurred to me... and I figure I'm not the only person having trouble concentrating.
Trouble..? Me..? *wink* Avatar by FadedKind.

Miëlle

#7 Post by Miëlle » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I won't be able to come to Norway, but I'll send something for flowers and I'll definitely be thinking of Mats on friday and lighting a candle (due to work probably not 'til the evening, but I will). Thank you for the organisation, Nomine, so that we can all be up to date. I appreciate it a lot.

Welyana

#8 Post by Welyana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:59 pm

I wish i could be there but unfortunately my work will not allow me. I would love to send Mats off in person but i will be there in thought. I hope you will pay your respect on behalf of all of us, those of you that go there.

I just donated some money too Nomine via paypal - i hope i did it all right.

Nomine
Site Admin

#9 Post by Nomine » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Looks like you did it right Welyana, and thank you everybody!

Nomine
Site Admin

#10 Post by Nomine » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Just a reminder, if you want to come, but are unable to for various reasons. Please speak to me, email, skype, forum PM etc. We might be able to help, and when I say "We" I mean this community, your fellow guildmembers and friends have made that offer possible.