Humans of Stormwind - A Public Project

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Shanura

Humans of Stormwind - A Public Project

#1 Post by Shanura » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:09 pm

"My husband has been missing for five years. I try not to worry about him too much, but I know from experience that he's scatterbrained and lead chiefly by his heart, which is a terrible combination without a woman's perspective. He's out there, somewhere - Until the light on this necklace goes out, I know he's still living. He's a warlock and this is a fragment of his soul. My literal soulmate. I like to joke that he takes this 'Soulmate' business far too literally, but I believe in it too."

----

Hello SL! I'm hoping to start a casual project on the side, inspired by Humans of New York and our resident Stormwind interviewer, Ticko.

If you aren't familliar with HONY, it's the journey of a photographer who takes pictures of strangers he meets in New York, and finds out little personal snippets of their lives to post up alongside. I've linked the facebook page HERE to give you the gist, and I really enjoy the concept and I was hoping to replicate it ICly in Stormwind with my little level 10 gnome.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the idea. Would you be interested in reading these? Any advice?

I'm hoping to do some Guildwide Series's in the future, so maybe a Starlight series would get our faces out there and make a few people think 'Hey! They look interesting.'

Thanks for reading, I'd love some feedback from you all.

Jasdevi

Re: Humans of Stormwind - A Public Project

#2 Post by Jasdevi » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 pm

It sounds great Shan! I'll be happy to help out any way i can!

I would suggest taht you get a list of questions together just as a generic start point which would lead into the more personal stuff

Shanura

Re: Humans of Stormwind - A Public Project

#3 Post by Shanura » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 pm

The first page is done! I used a couple of my own characters as a starting point, to give people an idea of the direction it could go. The other 7 are random RP I really enjoyed, with flowing conversation and nice players. The feedback has been fab so far. (109 likes on facebook?!)

http://www.argentarchives.org/node/168844

I had to change the title because my first interviewee was an elf! Doiiy.

I had a couple of starting questions:

"Are you struggling with anything currently?"
"Did you struggle to get the success you have today?"
"What is your best piece of advice?"

Discussion opened up a lot of avenues for conversation and people seemed quite happy to spill the beans to my peaceful gnome. (Must be the moustache.) Sometimes Freezeframe would asked somebody to elaborate on something they brought up themselves, and one story was from the question "Where did you get your hairpiece?"

It's nice! I'm enjoying it so far. I'm happy for anyone to join in the fun.