Chit's new spiral bound reporter's notebook

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Chit

Chit's new spiral bound reporter's notebook

#1 Post by Chit » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:47 am

I gotta letter. Sent to the whole guild. Writing was done inna pretty hand on paper with a flowery smell, oh so familiar. He told me once his scribes is learning to get out of the Life, the Life which is harsh on girls when their loks is gone. Writing and numbers their ticket to a better life.

This one has bin outta the Life for some time I think. Maybe enough time to get some things she is afraid of losing, and will do a lot to avoid.

The letter tells me the time of danger is past, 3 different times to meet with our scattered family. A new start.

The last time we spoke, I broke the stone that linked us. He said things were changed now. He said that when he could, he'd find me, but he ain't done that.

If Nomine was dead an I wanted to root out the problem guild once an for all, this is how I'd do it. Get em to some nice lonely place where their bodies won't be found til no one can tell who they are. Nomine never likes to stand an wait, he shows up last, when everyone is there. Would make it easy for them, wait til everyone is there, tprobly in their nice town clothes. Then a bit of overwhelming force.

If Nomine was in their hands an I wanted some leverage to get him to cough up some information, this is how SI7 would do it.

Respond, Inform, Plan, Act. I guess that is drilled into evryone. I can onlie hope Starlighters figure out there is more than one way to Respond. I bin away too long, an some have changed there names. An I don't have an army of ladies with smelly paper, writin for me.

No time to waste.

The lighthouse was a nice touch.

Chit

Re: Chit's new spiral bound reporter's notebook

#2 Post by Chit » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:16 pm

They are callin it the Nightmare.

A world full of strangers. Even when I am talkin to them their voices sound different an my eyes kinda slide off of em. Is the stone true? Starlighters are still there, but I cannot see em? Or are my eyes true? Starlight gone, dust.

Finally for an hour I seek out one that I do see an know, that is not a Starlighter. Just to rest my eyes on a familiar face. Well, not just. I dunno why he lets me come an go, I always shortchange im. Never wanted to live with someone full time. Maybe neither did he. I dunno what it is, but sometimes it really suits me.

Rain drummin on the roof.

Trust.

That is at the heart of it. That is what all them illusions is tryin to tear out by the roots. That might be the thing she cannot defeat.

Maybe the lesson I gotta eat is to start trustin Starlight even when I am blind to em. Jasdevi said he was goin without backup cos we are all useless. Not useless. Get a Starlighter to point me at someone an tell me to kill em an I will, starblind or not. SI-7 rammed that home before I wriggled free of em in that dank dungeon where no one was to be left alive. Make ya destroy upon command. Nightmare of fightin inna flimsy dress is nothing to the one I lived through that night.

I can still remember everyone of them in that room, how they died.

I don’t know how Irenya feels about me turnin on her with a knife to the guts. I am pretty sure how Tikal will be feeling. Even if it is onlie what he taught me to do.

If Tikal has gotta trust me to defeat this thing, will Starlight fail?

Wat was the name of that woman joined the guild, we talked about illusions?

Chit

#3 Post by Chit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:15 pm

So the nightmares are over, but the enemies escaped. Couldn't be there at the end, couldn't help to stop it so it won't come back. Everyone is takin a breather, gettin on with their lives. Jasdevi showin off enchanting an burning his clothes off. Chats by the lake and talk of new shirts.

But it ain't over.

The thing is, that that Nightmare from Reike's enemy wasn't like a dream. A dreem is just a dream, ya wake up an the peple that ya dreamed about are going about stuff normally, not givin ya a second thought. It reassures ya. Ya can put the thoughts an feelings away, it was just somethin that never happened, look no one knows what I dreamed about them.

There were three people in my Nightmare. Me. Irenya. Tikal. Irenya an Tikal thought I was a child an tryin to look after me. I saw em both as monsters come fer me an me without my armour. I felt every muscle of how I went at them in a killin rage. Then I came to my senses an Irenya was lookin at me an trying to hold the hole in her side together where I'd twisted an pulled the blade from the sucking flesh. And Tikal was glaring hatred at me as he choked on blood. Both of em, tryin to help me. Slaughtered. I did it.
We all three knew it, an 2 of us was gonna die of it.

An then when the nightmaire ended, there was 3 of us eying each other an remembering how it went down. Not a dreem.

At first I couldn't say nothin. Dint wanna look at them.
After a few days I went to say sorry.

They both said, put it behind ya, it never happened, it was not yer intent.
Seems like both of em opened their hands, let the feelings slip away like sand.

Both of em thought I felt guilty and shouldn't. I should let it go. Overthinking it. Ya don't ferget but ya forgive.

But that's not it -

See, I never enjoyed fightin like others does. I get my skills good by sheer bloody determination, practise once, twice, ten thousand times. I only fight when I hafta fight an then there is onlie one thing on my mind - to survive. An I do it by going into a red place where I am so shit scared that I put EVERYTHING into it every minute I practiced, all my strength every muscle straining and no time or space for fear just GET THE FUCKER BEFORE IT GETS ME.

Drive in up under the ribs twist the knife breaking the suck of the flesh pull out slash up fast to the throat cos the tall one is looking down an the cords in its neck are soft so it is easy to slice the big tubes of blood that run up the neck all one long move an - all over -

NO
Not all over

There is Irenya an Tiks lookin at me, and a cold rush of horror an fear in my stomach. As the blood spurted and mixed and they stood there dying and I held the knife in my hand.

I told each of them what I thought it had done inside my hed.
Tiks got it. He was mainly thinkin of battle plans an how best to use me, if the need comes. It's his job, fer Starlight, Master at Arms we usedta call it.

I forgot Irenya is a healer. I din't think she understood wat I told her. Wat had happened in my hed. But she did unnerstand it.
She told me I had a choice, to cling to the old or to move on to something new. That I could learn new skills and that this can be the beginnin of the rest of my life.

I forgot Irenya is a healer. I looked at her an I had a shock cos I realised that Irenya thinks that wat has happened inside my hed is a Good Thing.

Chit

#4 Post by Chit » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:11 pm

Hello again lil book. Ya don't get so worn, when yer in a trunk under some clothes, as travelling in my bag.

So, what made me rite. It was a stranger, dwarf, dint talk. Gave Todd an me red roses an I thanked im very much an give im my best smile fer making a couple of women happy on Love Fest.

Then I saw im again later an he was carrying a bunch of white roses, an he give me them TOO. Think he is a shy one.

Then I hadda note pushed under my door at the inn about my mount being at the stables. I aint gotta mount, not in the city. Has this guy gone over the top just cos of someone smiles an is happy over some flowers? What will I find wen I go to the stables. Almost scared to find out.

But thank ya stranger. Ya made me go to bed with a smile on my face, just for the niceness of a random kindness.

Chit

#5 Post by Chit » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Went up That Mountain in Pandaria again. Had swore not to after it nearly killing Starlight last time, but there was something cussed itching at my mind not to be beaten.

I never got to the very top, last time.

Hadda rotten feeling in my stomick when I saw the Fablewind Faire guy in front of me with his bottle of booze, get tied to a drunk, that's the ticket. Didn't wanna think about what would happen if Pandorans or Worgens got to hang off of the ropes, and if we could hold em or we'd all fall off like skittles. But I'm too stubborn to pull back, once I put my marker down fer something. At least Nomine was there this time. He is a man who can think quick in a crisis. Hold that thought, most of the other ones is dismal.

This time when we got to the icy spine at the shoulder of the top, lotsa people lost their footing again. Stoen was in front of me, an I saw him fall an go sliding an I launched myself to hang onto his ankle like grim death. Small precious gnome, right, he is NOT going sliding if I can help it he is NOT gonna be et by the mountain but the lunge started me slipping, an he was finding his feet so I let go his ankle scrabbling in ice trying to ram in a dagger an hold on to it to stop sliding away, over that steep steep accelerating drop and only needle rocks below

Todd was tied on behind me, claws gritted in the ice, Nomine told her to grab me an she snagged her claws in me. They might be heavy worgens but they are strong as well. Just a lil slip Chit, up on yer feet an move out over the spine, not far now all jolly and End in Sight.

30 metres to go. Not sure it's possible without breathing.

Must of breathed cos I made it all the way across, even when the gust blew. Then all were looking around an hey there is a serpent dragon phew pass the booze but there is still that wicked little goosebump at the top all steep angles and ice and people climbing up it and What a View-ing. So I crept over to it takin it real slow and the sickness rising and the sourness in my belly from sheer bloody Funk, taking it slow and digging fingers and toes into cracks while others was just walking up in their hobnail boots.

Nomine spotted my slowness an reached down a hand to pull be up the last bit. He's got good balance and his hand is stronger than it's any right to be and heights don't scare im. So I made it to the top in the end without clinging like a crybaby frozen to the rocks though it was a good minnit before I could pry my hand off of his and stand there all relaxed looking.

I took the portal back to Stormwind and threw up off the mage tower path into a tree. They made me trek up 3 times an throw buckets of water to clear the smell.

Couldn't get my dagger out, so the mountain et steel and not me, this time.
Will be hard to find a pair to my Town dagger.
At least I aint ever got to do that again.

Chit

#6 Post by Chit » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Todd give me back the dagger I left stuck into the spine of rock in Pandaria, just where ya start to slide off of the rock an take a short flite onto needle rocks.

She is dam crazy. She did it so I would have the pair again.

Sometimes Starlight whacks me alongside the hed with frendship.
Not sure if I like it.
It makes me want to smile, but it's scarey to let yer guard down.

Chit

#7 Post by Chit » Sun May 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Spoke to Reyahd tonight. Partly about what a Howl is and why it is not totally depressin to spend an evening howlin fer things that ya lost. Still not sure she gets it. But it raised thoughts in me.

She raised the subject of trainin an why she don't want to come. She fears to take part in trainin because 'when I fight bad things happen'. Mentions of demons, an bad things happenin when she won't let 'it' protect her. When it is about to happen, she runs.

On the Trainin, I told her to talk to the organisers, so they know what could happen. One thing she is right about. We gotta move slow. Maybe she needs to sample the Howl an the Trainin an not throw evrything at it. She's gotta assess an know the dangers. I do not want a crisis in fronta the whole of Starlight before she has strong supporters.

We hadda good chat. But there is a bit of me that is always on the alert fer demon trouble, since I had my run in with that blue Voidwalker suckin at my thoughts. Is she one with warlock talents who ain't never trained to handle em? Sounds like a barrel of gunpowder kept in Starlight's kitchen. Or am I bein naive an she is a trained up warlock on a slippery slope, hidin her talents from even the officers in Starlight?

Heard her say that she sings an dances, an avoids stuff like the Howl in order to keep away the bad voices in her hed, an demons who hurt people to 'protect' her.
Some of the things she said of herself I coulda said about me before Starlight.
I recognise that desperate fun she pursues to distract her mind.
I wanna help.
The thought of demons makes me shake.

Chit

#8 Post by Chit » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:01 pm

Spent my night with Keetee sleepin at the bottom of my elven bed an my toes curled in her fur.

I am so very very veri happie.

Tikal went fer her. She said she come back becos he told her that me an Annie was in danger. She said I was the first to know.

I want her to stay forever.
Maybe she will cos this fight I feel is one I might die of.

Chit

#9 Post by Chit » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:28 am

(Writing is even worse than usual, barely readable.)

Picked as first to fight Rey's demon Wasn't much use

Keetee got reely hurt

She went in cos of me

Does Rey LIKE havin' a demon evrybody fussin' over her

Arms to sore to rite

Chit

#10 Post by Chit » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:02 pm

I met up with Starlighters in Dalaran. In the end I could not pretend I was fightin in the isles no more and ran away. I am ashamed that others are fightin to save the world an I am not. Starlighters. Young kids goin into battle half trained with a hero's light in their eyes. Most of them will not come home.

I have not fought a real fight since the Nightmares that old woman spread. I still wake up night with sweats from lookin into the eyes of a dying Irenya an Tikal an knowin I killed em when I saw red an just went killing killing killing. I have not bin able to kill since.

It must be a year. A year of fightin dummies an tryin to forget an just shove myself into a fight again. But the red blood never comes, I feel it comin on an then I remember Tikal's eyes an it is like ice water thrown in my face. I see Irenya lookin at me an dyin an I falter an I cannot pick up the speed an nuthin comes together in that red blood haze like it used to.

I never been a good fighter. I onlie survived this long because when there is danger I stop thinkin an the redness takes me over an then I wake up an the thing is dead.

Now I hafta fight an I do not know how to kill enymore.

This is where the demons are. I truley hate demons. I hear the echo of that voidwalker in my hed it is like a vibration when demons are around. If I fight one will it Make the difference, put things back like they used to be? If it don't I will die like a young one that don't know how to lose their mind an let the animal inside finish things.

Keetee knows about my troubles an she wants to be with me, wants to bring Esau to heal me.
Tikal an Irenya know cos I told em a year ago, but we aint talked much since. Irenya asks questions, an I dodge. They would be there for me, if I asked.
Nomine knows cos he makes decisions an not knowin might harm the guild. I told him a rogue is what I learned to be fer 15 years and I am not smart enuff to read books an learn magic or healing. I am too proud to just be a street cleaner or a shopkeeper. He set me homework to do, but I never went back with answers.

When he heard I was off to fight demons, he told me he had faith in me.

I don't have faith in me.
If I die to a demon it will be no bad end fer a rogue. My son will not know me as a coward.

I do not know why I can never ask fer help. Praps I never learned to trust no one to see inside of me.
I have always been alone.

I wrote Keetee a letter wich is not good enuff.

I toss a coin I do not know why. Will I kill a demon or will I go down?
Time to go down the hill.