Syrawenn

Re: OOC comments on IC stories

#51 Post by Syrawenn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:34 am

Ahh, Morrigan....Syrawenn has not forgotten :P

Chit

#52 Post by Chit » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 pm

@ Morrigan

What a splendid set of entries about the resurrected Morrigan! I loved the concept that dying in Sinthya's arms was all she had ever wanted; she doesn't want to be back in the world of pain; and that 'A part of her, the one that fuels her rage and passion, is still locked away in that dark place.' - and Nomine knows this and is concerned.

The understanding Morrigan shows of particularly the complex Nomine and Chit characters is truly perceptive.
Nomine - I particularly liked the importance of his scent as the first thing to anchor Morrigan, Nomine debating a mercy-kill, also "His fingers around her throat sent her briefly into blackness when she gave him too much attitude. Interesting. Nomine had grown less patient with age, not more so", rousing his sadistic side, and provoking him til he snaps. (I also loved the tiny bit of rp between Morrigan and Nomine the other night about "If I wasn't standing on the same piece of wood as you are" - congratulations to both players on the way you put that across with the content half hidden and half visible. Chit of course, was very aware.)

The description of Chit was the best I've ever seen from an outside party. "Morrigan saw another familiar face by the seashore. The one with the pudgy, slackjawed face, the one who looked unremarkable enough to be a fantastic Rogue. Chit." That's exactly what she is (only she sees herself as only a moderately good jobbing rogue; her best skill is that she learned early to hide stuff under looking dull and unresponsive - so that people underestimate her). Loved the rest of the description too, about Chit pointedly ignoring her and why - though Morrigan's right about the world having changed - another good insight.

I'm really happy that the Chit shard story poked Morrigan successfully - character development is exciting! It was the bit of the event I was happiest with (I felt the rest of it was a bit too directed and planned) - but there the idea came to me in the moment, I lobbed the ball at you out of the blue just to see where it might rebound - that kind of rp is THE BEST. And with this followup - well! I am agog to see the twists and turns that will come next.

Morrigan is no longer the person she once was. Will her two parts ever reunite? How do you reunite something where one part has changed - what will be the nature of the clash?
Chit's no longer the person she once was, either. I hope one day Chit and Morrigan get locked in a cell together and have to rely on eachother to escape...

Oh, this is the stuff that Starlight does so well.
A wonderful piece Morri, keep on writing when you feel the urge!

Chit

#53 Post by Chit » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:27 pm

@Nightspirit

I've been meaning to say that I really liked your journal entry, it gives a fantastic insight into the person, both strengths and blind spots. Lots of things there too that can get E'larrah into hot water! She's so sure she is right. It will definitely stir up rp but I hope it doesn't mean you only get confrontational rp. It will be good to fight together and have her strengths brought out.

I like the way you broke it up between what she thinks and what she writes down. And the snatches of what's surrounding her as she writes.

I also thought to myself Chit had it spot on when she said a while back to E'larrah "You don't know what you're getting into. Back off an observe!" Clearly this is not E'llarrah's way.

I look forward to more.

Chit

#54 Post by Chit » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 pm

@Nightspirit. I enjoy your writing, it’s interesting - and this piece gave me a clue about E’larrah’s reaction to the witches event and being in a box – which in turn allowed Chit and E’larrah to build a bit of role play at the guild meeting tonight. It was nice that the rp played out alongside Annie’s rp with Lumi, so it also made it easy to move into E’larrah’s void experience – so two promising strands of rp established from your two diary entries!

The beginning of the piece isn’t clear, but that’s all to the good. Let the content unfold in its own sweet time. The ambiguity makes me think of both the sister she’s lost, and the whispering of the Void. It links in my mind with Annie’s mothers voice that whispers for the Void. The dream has that gripping quality of a nightmare, and the contrast with E’larrah waking is compelling. The last entry showed E’larrah as tough, decided, feeling she knows best and will cut a swathe through things that stand in her way. This one shows her vulnerable, listening (to the Void and to Nomine – what irony) and hints at her history. I like the contrast, and that she can be both hard and impervious and have cracks at the same time. It makes it easier to find a way in through her defences. Though I do love the tough E’larrah too. “It looks better than Darnassus” at the guild meet actually made me snort with laughter at my screen...

Nightspirit

#55 Post by Nightspirit » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:57 pm

@Chit

I have to say I do love the latest entry, getting to see the other side of the conversation in Boralus Harbor, along with the vastly differing motivations at play when comparing Chit to E'larrah. I particularly love the way she goes back to days of old when she remembers Annie being excited after following ang gaining knowledge in a path that is totally different and it seems viewed as a lot more "right" than where she's going now.

I notice throughout most of what you've written in regards to Annie you do a great job of putting across the innocence she once had and how Chit feels she might still be as young, vulnerable and innocent now despite Annie making decisions for herself as to what path she wants to follow. Also the way you described E'larrah as a shiny armoured bug did amuse me as I can see the resemblance, though I find it interesting that Chit feels she wasn't given clear answers on things, despite E'larrah being as honest as she could be.

On an unrelated note, I do hope I can get some game time for WoW again before the Void chat event, because I would love to be more involved in this progressing arc.

Chit

#56 Post by Chit » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:20 am

@E'larrah

A word of explanation - you're right, Chit did get specific answers to her questions from E'larrah, and in fact I wrote it that way in the original text for posting. E'larrah's answers though were driving Chit to one conclusion - if the Void really does, inevitably, over time, corrupt then Chit would fight for cleansing. So I had a conversation with Annie's player about 'future of Annie', and as a result, I editing statements into questions to create more ambiguity. There's often a danger of different rp bubbles bumping into each other ("The Void works like this" "No it works like that"). So funnily enough I see a parallel here - arguing for Annie to have the choice is fundamentally arguing for Annie's player to have a choice.

The difference is that E'larrah's answers don't force E'larrah down one path because she has so much more of a sophisticated knowledge and experience. The simple version Chit took away might drive her into pushing for one path. And I thought it was more interesting to have Chit on the horns of a dilemma which gives her another view of what happened when she was 12 years old, so I fudged it ;)

Glad you liked the 'bug' description - I think this vulnerability over the Void could be a great way to get E'larrah involved in rp and more visible as a person under the highly defended exterior.

Chit

#57 Post by Chit » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am

Oh my god!!! Eileena is not dead???

Chit

#58 Post by Chit » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:26 am

@Stoen. Ooh new character enter. She sounds a good one.

Syrawenn

#59 Post by Syrawenn » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Chit wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am
Oh my god!!! Eileena is not dead???
There is dead and there is missing....Nomine and me agreed back then to leave a back door open, just in case we'd have other plans.

Well, there are other plans :)

Just slowly warming things up.

Devvy
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Devvy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:43 pm

I read it as the diary of the ghost of Eileena, observing the world from the afterplace
“Auri," I asked slowly, "are you joking with me?"
She looked up and grinned. "Yes I am," she said proudly. "Isn't it wonderful?”