Timey Wimey Mishap Critique thread

For IC quests, tasks, or other sort of group events.

Moderators: Chit, Officer

Stoen
Seneschal

Timey Wimey Mishap Critique thread

#1 Post by Stoen » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:31 pm

So! With the Timey Wimey plotline at an end, we're looking for feedback. The plotline was very much inspired by the feedback you all gave us before. People wanted more opportunities to shake up the RP and to show off their characters. Some wanted shorter events too, hence why we aimed to have the events take about 1½ or so each.

Personally, there's a couple of things that I think I could have done better:

1) The Gerna scenes often took about half an hour, which cut into the time of what really mattered: The event that people had arranged and were eager to show off.

2) The TimeyWimey had a very slow start, much because people were unsure how to go about arranging it. We kept the rules of timetravel very vague so people wouldn't feel constrained by them. In the end, this also had the effect that people weren't sure what the rules were.

That being said, it was great to see what everyone came up with. People really took the basic idea we provided and allowed their creativity to go nuts. It would be amazing to get another Powarranger plotline going. While we won't go Timetraveling for a while (Gerna is best in small portions), we are eager to get you all to show your creativity around a common hook once more.

So! Input time. What worked for TimeyWimey and what didn't? More importantly, what sort of RP would you like to see in the future? If you want, you can either let us know in this thread, or you can skype it to any officer if you prefer.

Devvy
Pathfinder

Re: Timey Wimey Mishap Critique thread

#2 Post by Devvy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Mainly due to the fact that the character of Gerna is played so well and entertaining, I did not see it as an issue that it took longer.
Yes, it took time, but as a show it was magnificent.
“Auri," I asked slowly, "are you joking with me?"
She looked up and grinned. "Yes I am," she said proudly. "Isn't it wonderful?”

Tikál

Re: Timey Wimey Mishap Critique thread

#3 Post by Tikál » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:45 pm

I don't really have anything bad to say about it!

You ran with an idea and people got their own kind of RP out of that idea, by creating their own mini events with the theme.

I'd love to see more of these types of events, with a common theme :)
If you only ever do what you can do, you will never be more than what you already are.